B. Now, listen to the recording and match each speaker to the job he/she does.
Now complete sentences 1-5. What does each sentence express?
1. Will you buy a newspaper for me when you go out?
2. I won't tell anyone.
3. You can cook very well! You will become a great chef!
4. Oh. It's raining! I'll take my umbrella.
5. Watch out! You will hurt yourself!
6. I'll carry the suitcase for you!
3. Which of the following words do we use with future tense? Write ☑ for RIGHT, ☒ for
A. THE GOAL
This is a goal, a football goal! There are other "goals", too!
"Goals" can be things you want to accomplish.
Decide on the goals you want to accomplish:
1. a goal you are going to reach at school this week ________________________
2. a goal you are going to accomplish at school this year ________________________
3. a goal you are going to reach in ten years' time ________________________
B. PERSONALITY & CAREER
Maria will probably
Can you predict a career for each pupil? What career can the others predict for you?
• Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery around machinery. It may catch on moving equipment and cause a serious injury.
• Where required, you must wear protective equipment, such as goggles, safety glasses, masks, gloves, hair nets, etc. appropriate to the task.
• Keep FIRE DOORS and aisles clear!
• Keep your work area clean.
• Observe "NO SMOKING" regulations.
• Do not tamper with electric controls or switches.
• Help to prevent accidents.
• Lift properly—use your leg muscles, not your back muscles. For heavier loads, ask for assistance.
• Clean up spilled liquid, oil, or grease immediately.
• Wear hard-sole shoes and appropriate clothing.
D. These are
the SAFETY RULES of
a new lab. A member of your family wants to work there. What do you say
to warn him/her?
E. In groups,
SAFETY RULES for the pupils of your school lab. Create a poster and put it up on the corridor wall. Try to obey the rules.
You should not wear loose clothing or you will get injured.